Collective Outrage: There’s an app for that.Beta: Many improvements to come. Please report bugs/clunkiness and make suggestions here
Standing Wave is relay occupation.
Tired of wondering "What can I do to stand up to this insanity?".
We all know we need to get out in the streets. Just look at Hong Kong and Puerto Rico. Standing Wave is here to make it simple, and fun. If you're serious about resistence, please don't leave without helping increase our numbers.
What it is
Standing Wave is a rolling flash mob, a relay occupation, a sustained and growing swarm whose membership is changing daily.
Our focus is on one place, DC, for obvious reasons. This fall will see a lot of protest activity, and Standing Wave intends to help make it constant and lasting.
If you want to stop sitting on the sidelines, please take one or more of the simple steps below. No personal data required.
You’re invited to a 24/7 Party for the Planet.
- Starts following: and
- Ends: when this insanity ends.
- Where: Lafayette Square, DC or wherever #standingwave says
- When: Noon to 7pm, generally
Do the math. There are 36M people within 200 miles of DC. If only 1% are irate enough to show up one day a month, that’s 12k people. That’s a big party. Let's start by getting 500 of us there every day, and grow from there.
So show up, bring your friends, bring gifts and food and music, be polite, be peaceful, be loud, be committed, be water, be the wave.
1. If you'll be near DC in September / October, sign up below by clicking on the date(s) you will show up. No personal data required.
2. If you're not near DC, contribute to the GoFundMe for infrastructure, transportation, food, etc.
3. Wherever you are, share https://standingwave.net with your friends.
Be the Wave
Click on the day(s) you can commit to on the bars below.
Your current commitments are in green. Use the slider on the right for later dates.